Sunday, September 9, 2007

Soccer Season has begun


Soccer season has begun for our grandson so that makes for busy weeks and weekends the month of September.Didn't post here yesterday since it was a busy day.


There are two practices a week and a game on both Saturday and Sunday.We take our grandson to his practices and games since we live closer to the field.It's easier for us to do it than for them to get both our grandson and his almost 3 year old sister ready.


This is a picture of our grandson and granddaughter that I took yesterday before the first soccer game.I tried to get my granddaughter to look at when I was attempting to get a good shot of her too.She wanted to do her thing and never mind what I wanted her to do,lol.Our son in law and daughter are right behind our two grandchildren in the picture,lol.Notice how dry the ground is.No green grass in our area due to the drought conditions.


The heat continued on through the weekend.We didn't make it to 90 yesterday.We had a high of 86 which set a record high for the date.Today was another store.It went up to 90 which also set a record high for the date.We also broke the 17 day total for lemonade days in one season.We have now had 18 lemonade days this summer.Some rain will be coming our way bringing cooler temperatures this week.Hopefully we won't be near 90 any more this month.
Saturday September 9th...7,265 steps....3.5 miles
Sunday September 10th....6,416 steps...3 miles

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeremy and Mariah are so cute!
We've had more rain for our area, and supposed to have more tomorrow.

dot said...

I agree, you have some cute grandchildren! Two of ours played soccer last year but it was in the spring. I enjoyed watching them.

Andrea said...

I am sure this young man will be a good soccer player. I have a feeling our grandson will be getting involved in sports soon. He will turn four the end of this month. He is growing up way too fast.

Happyone said...

What kind of pedometer do you use? Mine is a Freestyle and it not only records steps, but miles and burned calories as well.
Hot this morning here too. 70 degrees at 6:45 and very humid.