
I was hoping that this image would be larger.As you can see it is #43 NASCAR race car.We were out with our grandson this afternoon.They have been getting out at 1 due to our extreme heat.It went above 90 today and all of the classrooms in our county school system aren't air conditioned.
We took our grandson to Burger King for a treat since we knew that he probably didn't eat his lunch today.Hubby and I both drank only a Diet Soda.Neither of us were hungry at that time.
While I was waiting at the counter to get our drinks and our grandson's food they were sitting at the table.My hubby happened to see a NASCAR hauler go by that was carrying the #43 car.It turned into the Super Wal-Mart parking lot that was right next to where we were.We couldn't see into the parking lot so we were figuring that the driver went there to get some supplies since there would be plenty of parking.
Our grandson hurried and ate his food hoping that I'd drive into the Super Wal-Mart parking lot.To our surprise, the hauler was parked in front of the store and the #43 was out of the hauler and sitting in front of the store on display.
Our grandson was beside himself.He collects the NASCAR matchbox cars so he couldn't believe that he was actually going to see a car up close.We parked so that we could get out and admire the car.The show car hadn't been set up long so there were only a few others looking over the car.Our grandson even sat on the ground to admire the car:).We had to look the hauler over too.Seeing the car really made his day.Glad he was happy to see any NASCAR car and wasn't disappointed that it wasn't one of his favorites.Now we are on the look out for a NASCAR #43 Cheerios car like the one above.
It was another very hot day with the humidity on the rise.I know it went up to at least 91.Not sure if that was the high or not.This makes 15 Lemonade Days for this summer season.
I got in some walking this morning.Didn't feel up to riding my stationary bike this evening since it was still so warm and humid.
Wednesday September 5...6,815 steps...3 miles
1 comment:
Cute story! Glad he got to see the car.
Everytime I read your blog I want LEMONADE! lol
Post a Comment