This is another picture that my daughter and son in law took in DC.It is a picture of The Lincoln Memorial.When I was growing up in the DC area I loved the look of The Lincoln Memorial and didn't care for the Jefferson Memorial.Wonder if others have the same thought?
We got some much needed rain and now our temperatures have cooled down.It is in the 70's compared to the 80's that we had been experiencing.Don't think that we are going to experience much in the way of leaf color.So far the leaves are either still green or have changed brown.I've seen a few yellow leaves that have fallen in our back yard but that is about it.
Still not over my cold.Wasn't up to walking much.
Saturday September 29th...5,833 steps.....2.5 miles
4 comments:
It has been over 15 years since I was last in D.C. I need to get back there sometime and do some sightseeing on my own. ;)
You had me curious so I googled a picture of the Jefferson Memorial and I'm not sure which I like best. Nothing is like seeing them in person so maybe that is what makes the difference. Nice picture of this one!
I have never been but need to put it on my "places to go" list.
To answer your question Nancy, Gulf Shores was not crowded the first week in September. Of course schools had started back so there were mostly older people and people with children not yet in school. I dread when my grandson starts school because then we will have to take vacation during his summer vacation time.
Nancy, we not so busy with other things my grandson was happy. He did enjoy the kiddie pool which I will share one day in my Gulf Shores pictures. So keep an eye on my blog. ;)
Post a Comment