I've been enjoying our lovely weather this week after going through that awful heat wave in August and the beginning of this month.Today was another sunny day in the mid 70's.
This picture shows East River Mountain that is about 2 miles from our house.I never get tired of looking at the mountains here in our area.My grandson now enjoys the mountains as much as I do.I was sitting at a stop light that malfunctioned and held too long this morning.That gave me the opportunity to take a few pictures of the mountains.
Had a good day getting in lots of walking.This morning I drove to our city park and walked around it twice.My pride got in the way and now I sort of laugh about it.An older couple in their 70's was starting their walk right behind me.I did not want to have the misfortune of having them pass me by on my walk in the park.I walked faster than I usually do and they never passed me,lol.I finished my first loop around and saw that they were way behind me.On the first loop I walk the outer road which has some rolling hills that give a good work out.The second loop that I take is on the inner sidewalk.It is flat so I have an easier walk then.Really felt good after I finished the walk and could tell that I had a good work out.
This evening at my grandson's soccer practice I decided to take a walk in that neighborhood.Didn't know my way around that neighborhood so I walked up and down the sidewalk within the same area a few times.It's nice and flat there which is unusual for our town.I need to learn my way around that neighborhood so that I can venture further on a walk.
Rode my stationary bike this evening while watching some TV so I have had a good day getting in lots of movement.
Thursday September 13th...10,888 steps....5 miles
2 comments:
Nancy, we are getting rain. We need it too. The news is saying the hurricane sent us the rain but we really know where the rain came from. :) Thank you Lord for your blessings of rain. :)
Nice picture of the mountains and good going on all your steps!! Maybe someday you will be able to walk right over that mountain. :-)
Post a Comment