This is a picture of the low water level at Fontana Lake in NC.I took the picture from the train that we were riding on.That is part of the iron train tressel on the left.The reason I posted this picture is concerning something my grandson said to me this afternoon.When I picked him up from school he told me that since it rained today I wouldn't need to water my flowers.He also said that the rain would also help the water level at Fontana Lake.Don't know if they got rain in that area since it is almost 300 miles south of us.
I thought that was so sweet of my 6 1/2 year old grandson to mention the lake.We saw how low the water was on Fontana Lake when we visited that area of NC on vacation in early August.Just seeing the low lake level really made a big impression on him.
Wish I had my camera with me when we drove to pick up our grandson after school today.The main fire house here in our city had a flag flying over the street from the fire truck ladder that was extended over the street.They also do that for the fourth of July.It is such a patriotic site to see.It is one of those large flags.Our city flew the flags today but the neighboring town didn't.I put our flag out but brought it in as soon as the rain started.
We got some much needed rain today.It rained most of the morning and afternoon.The temperature was much cooler too.This afternoon around 3 it was only 69.
I felt more energetic with the cooler weather.I started on a walk this morning but didn't get far since the rain started.I was able to get a walk in this evening and ride my stationary bike.I got in over 10,000 steps so I am quite pleased with that.
Tuesday September 11th..10,821 steps...5 miles
4 comments:
Children listen to what we say and end up repeating us. My grandson acts so grown up. I got so tickled at him today. I was going down the road and met someone so I flagged them down. They pulled over beside me so I jumped out of my truck to hand them something standing right beside my truck talking. When I got back into my truck my grandson who will be 4 the end of this month asked me, "Why did you not invite me to get out of the truck?" I thought that was so funny.
We had a light shower of rain this evening but we need a lot more.
That's a beautiful photo!
I would love to have seen the firehouse scene.
I looked at pedometers at WalMart yesterday but they seemed to be out of several differnt ones and what was left didn't inspire me.
Good for you for surpassing your steps goal for the day!! Beautiful weather for walking today. Enjoy!
Beautiful lake!! Looks like you had a great trip with your grandson! :)
Post a Comment