Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Can't Beat This Lovely Late Summer Weather


This is a picture of a lovely spreading cactus that is on the hillside of our back yard.This cactus is something that I love watching how much it grows and spreads every spring and summer.I spared this cactus from my husband's weed whacking.Wish I could remember how many years ago that I started guarding it.It has been at least 5 years or maybe more.We moved into this house 9 years ago and I didn't spot the cactus till a few years later.It was a tiny cactus.I'd love to know if the former homeowners planted it and the exact history of the cactus.It amazes me how much it has grown and spread over the years.The picture doesn't show it as well as I would like.


Our weather has been so nice.I got out and walked some today and then rode my stationary bike this evening.Sure is nice to have such lovely weather after that awful heat wave that went on and on this summer.


Tuesday September 18th...8,481 steps....4 miles

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Interesting cactus. I am sure there was a reason the former owners planted the cactus.

We had a beautiful day here in Georgia also. I can feel fall in the air.

dot said...

Since I live in Georgia too, we also had a beautiful day!

It would be interesting to know the history of the cactus.