It was another hot day in the mountains of southern West Virginia.I've been reading more about how hot August actually was for us.The average high for the month was 88.7 according to the National Weather Service.It got into the low 90's today.Not sure of the exact high but it was another Lemonade Day I am sure of that.The weekend will bring more hot weather for us.Hard to believe that our normal high for the date is is 76 so we have been averaging about 17 degrees above our normal high for the date.
This is a picture of my yellow mums.They looked so nice last week when I took the picture.The heat has really gotten to them all though I make a point to water them every evening.None of my flowers have done too well this summer which has been so disappointing to me.I love yellow flowers.When I saw this pot of mums at Lowe's I just had to have them!!
Since it is still so hot I am not doing much walking.Can't get too motivated in this heat.It zaps my energy.
Friday September 7th...7,355 steps...3.5 miles
3 comments:
None of my flowers have done well either. We had that late freeze that really did a job on so many things. Strange weather the whole year!
The temperature here in Maryland has been hotter than normal also. My flowers too have suffered.
I walk first thing in the morning when it is still on the cool side.
I love mums. My grandson and I usually do the bale of hay with mums, pumpkins and scarecrows.
Post a Comment