
I wanted a picture to help me feel cooler.I took this picture of water going over some rocks in an area of neighboring Virginia called The Cascades.The area has hiking trails that lead to a marvelous cascade.One of my daughters and I hiked through that area last year.I thought the water going over the rocks looked so refreshing.
It got up to 93 today and I feel it.Not having air conditioning this hot summer hasn't been too nice.Our normal high for the date is 76 so you can see that we were 17 degrees above normal.Our previous record high for the date was 86 so we beat that by 7 degrees.Here it is going on 11:30 and it is still 73 according to our outside thermometer.That is only 3 degrees cooler than what our usual high should be.
I believe it is now our 16th Lemonade Day.Have one day to go to tie the record of 17 days.We might do that tomorrow.We have only had two lemonade days in the month of August and that happened 9 years ago.
I walked some this morning and rode my stationary bike this evening which was quite a struggle in this heat and humidity.
Thursday September 6th...6,825 steps...3 miles
3 comments:
It's a struggle for me to keep walking sometimes also. Let's just try to remember the health benefits we are reaping! (hopefully)
Beautiful!!! I wish I was there sitting right next to that spot, listening to the water cascade over the rocks. :)
Dot suggested I look up your blog and I have enjoyed reading part of it. Will come back when I have more time.
I am a walker and wear a pedometer too. I used to wear it all day and once in a while still do. Now I usually just wear it during my morning walk. I have 3 blogs and one of them is called My Walk devoted entirely to my walk each morning. I have been walking for years and yesterday I wore my pedometer and walked a little over 20,000 steps.
Happy Walking. :-)
Post a Comment