Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fall is Fast Approaching


This evening when I went outside to take a walk around our yard I noticed at 7 how our daylight time is getting shorter and shorter.Seems like by 7:30 it is well on the way to getting dark here.Not sure when sunset is.We are on a hill surrounded y trees so we can't see any sunsets.When I am out and about at sunset I enjoy watching the changing colors.


When I was walking in our yard I noticed this leaf that was partially yellow and the other part brown.I thought that it looked rather odd.There are only a few yellow leaves on the ground surrounded by the dead brown leaves.I went and got my camera and took a few pictures of the yellow leaves on the ground.Some of the yellow leaves still had a hint of green on them.


I was noticing yesterday that some trees near where my oldest daughter lives had brown leaves on them.I read in the newspaper that many trees might be turning brown and that we might not have a lot of color this autumn since we had such a hot dry summer.

We are having lovely weather.It has been in the 50's overnight and in the mid to upper 70's during the day.They are now saying that we are having warmer than normal daytime temperatures.Don't think that is bothering anyone since it seems much cooler to us after such a hot dry summer.


I walked some today and tried to ride my stationary bike some.I still have a cough.When I was riding my stationary bike it seemed to aggravate my cough so I didn't ride it too long.


Wednesday September 19th...7,048....3.5 miles

4 comments:

dot said...

I've never seen such a beautiful fall as we had last year so I'm not expecting much this year. It certainly has been a strange year weather wise.
Hope you can get rid of that cough and be back to your old self soon.

Andrea said...

We have had very unusual weather this year. A late freeze in the spring that turned some of the leaves brown here in Georgia. Most of the trees came back with their green leaves but I have noticed some have died. Then the extremely hot and dry summer. Now we are feeling fall in the air. Cannot help but wonder what kind of winter we are going to have.

Happyone said...

The leaves here in Maryland too are turning brown and falling. Soon I'll be spending time raking them up. :-)
Sounds like we are having the same kind of weather. Are you in the eastern part of WV?

Nancy said...

We live in the southern most part of WV right at the WV-VA state like.Our area consists of the SE area of WV and the SW area of Virginia.We are about 400 miles south of the Washington DC area.