Friday, September 21, 2007

Consumer Panels

Thought that I would mention two consumer panels that I belong to that I think are more lucrative.I belong to a few others but it takes forever to earn any points and or payments for doing their surveys.

The most recent one that I joined is Consumer Share.Here is a link if you care to join:
www.join.consumershare.com
password:start

Their concept questionnaires are quite interesting.I recently received two VISA gift cards from them which I put towards buying a new digital camera today.

Another consumer panel is Homescan.Their website is www.homescan.com
I have belonged to their panel for about 2 years now.It is a branch of Nielsen ratings.I have a scanner in my home where I scan everything that I buy during the week then download the information from the purchases to the Homescan group.I have earned enough points from them to redeem the points for a IPod Shuffle.Sometimes when I come home from a grocery shopping trip and have to scan everything I wonder if it is worth it.Then I remind myself that I represent what people buy in the grocery stores and all stores for that matter so what I buy really matters to them.

If you have any questions about Homescan please ask away.It is a little more complex than just answering questionnaires and surveys since you track everything that you buy using a scanner that you have plugged into a phone outlet.You download all of the info to them once a week.You apply to Homescan and there is no guarantee if they will accept you or not since they want to keep a balance of Homescan families all through the country.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got offered to join Homescan. Before I reply to get my scanner, I just wanted to know how their points system works, and what type of prizes are offered. How long does it take to "win" anything? You mentioned an iPod shuffle. Did it take you 2 years to get that? Were there any other prizes you received. 1-2 hours a week seems like a big commitment.

Nancy said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.We were out of town for Thanksgiving.It took over a year to accumulate the points to get the ipod shuffle.You accumulate points for your weekly downloading of the shopping trips you made and points for doing their surveys.You use your points to "shop" in their gift catalog.They have drawings though out the year for prizes.It doesn't take me 1-2 hours a week to scan everything.It depends on how much you shop during the week as to how long you will be scanning that week.After a grocery shopping trip it takes me about 15 minutes to scan everything and add in the prices if they are needed.I find it worth my time.