This is my grandson with one of his favorite types of toys....car haulers.He has a few of the NASCAR haulers.When we were on vacation at Day Out With Thomas we were hoping to buy some of the Thomas train cars that he doesn't have.He has what they had for sale.While looking around in some shops we came across this SUNOCO NASCAR hauler so he was happy to get that instead.This picture was taken in our motel room on vacation.He wanted to show off his new hauler.
It has been warming up into the mid 80's and then dropping down into the low 60's at night.School starts for our grandson on Thursday.He will be in the first grade.The first two days they get out 1 1/2 hours early since it is still so warm in August.Some of the schools aren't air conditioned.It is suppose to be in the upper 80's on Thursday and Friday.If the heat continues on through next week they will be having early release those days too.
I forgot to put my pedometer on yesterday until late in the day.I got in some walking and will post what the pedometer said at the end of the day.
Saturday...4,526 steps...2 miles
2 comments:
My grandson loves Thomas the Train also. We went to Chattanoogna, TN last year to "Day Out With Thomas." He loved it. At his house he has a train room with one section of just Thomas the Train tracks and then another section with the real type train tracks. He and I went not too long ago to a railroad trussle. We found some railroad spikes on the side of the tracks and so he took them home for his train room.
At my house we have a room set up with the figure eight tracks with the train he can ride.
How long have you been using a pedometer. Sounds like a good way to motivate you to moving more. Maybe I need to get me one. :)
Andrea...our grandson's interest in Thomas started out when he was around 2.His mother had bought one of those Thomas trains that he could ride around on.He loved it and the adventure with Thomas started.In one of our spare bedrooms our grandson has track set up all around the room.He also has some of the different layouts.He loves his Thomas trains and looks forward to time with his trains at our house.He has a 2 year old sister that gets into everything so it is better to have his trains set up to play with at our house.He loved Day Out With Thomas although it was a very hot day.
I've been using a pedometer since May.I bought one at K-Mart for around $10.It is a basic pedometer.I also use a chart and convert my time on my stationary bike to steps.Using a pedometer is a great way to get you moving and thinking about how you can add steps to your day.My steps lately haven't been as high as they were when it was cooler.I want to get in more movement once our weather cools down for good.
Post a Comment