Monday, August 20, 2007

I feel like a broken record


The heat continues on and on and on and on.Not sure if it got up to 90 today or not.I managed to get up to 90 yesterday so that made it our ninth Lemonade Day.Should have checked before I started writing this.It is now 9:30 and still in the 70's so that is proof enough that it was a hot day here in the mountains.


This is a picture of my grandson and husband standing beside a river in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.Sure would have been nice to be in that shaded park today.We were in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park the beginning of this month while on vacation.


We went to the mall today to stay cool.I did some walking while we were there.I also rode my stationary bike and pulled some weeds this evening.


I've been wearing a pedometer since the beginning of May.I joined a local walking club that started up the end of April.I filled out a form with my info but haven't heard anything about it.They gave me a pedometer to use to encourage me to walk.That pedometer was a cheap one and didn't last long.I bought a better one a little after that.The pedometer I use is a plain one that measures only steps.I didn't want one that was too complicated.
You are suppose to walk 10,000 steps a day which equals about 5 miles.I do better when the weather is cooler.Lately I've been averaging around 6,000 steps which equals about 3 miles.
I finished a virtual walk to a friend's house in SC almost a month ago.It was 308 miles from my house.Now I am working on a virtual walk to another friend's house that lives in OK.That is a 998 virtual mile walk.I started that walk after my return from vacation.I've walked about 61 miles on that trip so far.I usually average 100 miles a month.I use the mileage from my daily steps to make the virtual walk.
Monday Aug 20th...7,212...3.5 miles

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have never heard of a virtual walk. I need to check into that and the pedometer. Are you losing any weight since you have been walking more?

Nancy said...

Doing a virtual walk is something that I use to keep myself motivated.I keep track of my daily mileage and add it up weekly to see far I have walked on my "virtual trip".It is a fun way to keep me motivated and moving every day.