While walking this evening I came across this huge yellow leaf.I thought that it was rather unique since it was so big.Brought my camera outside and took a picture.I placed a smaller leaf next to the larger leaf so that you could compare the size.What caught my eye at first was the nice yellow color of the leaf.I am very partial to yellow flowers and leaves.
It was cooler day today.This morning it was overcast and I thought for sure that we would get some much needed rain which didn't happen.The sun reappeared this afternoon.It was only in the low 70's this morning which is normal for us but after the sun came out it shot up into the mid 80's.Going to be in the 70's over the weekend which will be so very welcomed.
We are going to end the month of August as the hottest and driest August on record.Our mean temperature for August is 78 degrees which is quite warm for us.We have only had about 1/2 inch of rain all month and our average rainfall for the month of August is 3 inches.
Got in lots of movement today.Almost made it to 10,000 steps.Cooler weather really gets me moving after being so sluggish with the hot weather we have been experiencing.
Thursday August 30th...9,360 steps
1 comment:
The cooler it is the faster I step! I love walking in cool weather.
The yellow leaves are so pretty. Maybe we will have a colorful fall.
Post a Comment