I've enjoyed sharing my pictures of The New River Gorge so thought I would post another one.This picture was also taken from the jet boat.
The end of July we took a vacation to the Bryson City NC area.On one of the days we took a 4 1/2 hour round trip tourist train ride from Bryson City to The Nantahala Gorge.We were rather disappointed in the Nantahala Gorge.Guess in our minds we were looking for something similar to The New River Gorge but it wasn't.It looked like a place to get into the river for rafting.We only had a 1/2 hour layover at that gorge which gave us enough time to get some lunch and that was it.If we had more time in that area we might have learned to appreciate it as much as our New River Gorge here in West Virginia.
The weather has been so nice yesterday and today.I got outside today and got in some walking.There was a nice breeze and the temperature was in the low 80's.Tomorrow the temperature will be on the rise and by Wednesday we might get to 90 once again.
I walked for 1 /2 hour today and also rode my stationary bike.I have more energy when the weather is more reasonable.
Monday August 27th...8,255 steps...4 miles
4 comments:
Another beautiful view!
I hate it when things don't turn out as you expect. On our last trip we picked a scenic bypass and it was very unscenic.
Keep on stepping!
I like this one even better. Shows more rocks. :)
Nancy, go back and click on my picture and it will enlarge it.
I fixed it for you Nancy....just for you dear. LOL Try it now. I do not know why it would not enlarge so I took that picture off and loaded it back on again. Just for you. :)
Post a Comment