Sunday, August 26, 2007

Catching Up


This is a picture of The New River Gorge which about an hour's drive north of us.Such a scenic area.


Last night I watched the NASCAR race so I didn't get anything posted to my blog.I am a big NASCAR fan.The race was at Bristol Motor Speedway which is 100 miles south of us.There were 160,000 fans in attendance.That nice race is impossible to get tickets.I'd love to go to a race there someday.Our 6 year old grandson is becoming a NASCAR fan thanks to the movie CARS.He has a big collection of the cars from the movie CARS.He also collects the small NASCAR cars too.I am thinking that a trip to a race might be in our future.Both Charlotte Motor Speedway and Martinsville aren't too far from us so we might get to a race at one of those locations before Bristol.
It has been so hot here.Haven't been up to doing much walking.I've been riding my stationary bike in the evenings once it cools down.I will post my steps for both Saturday and Sunday;
Saturday August 25...6,249 steps...3 miles
Sunday August 26..6,729 steps....3 miles

6 comments:

Andrea said...

My Carl Edwards won Saturday. I do not see how his body can do those backward flips after sitting so long in that race.

The picture you posted today is beautiful.

Nancy said...

Nice to know another NASCAR fan.Carl Edwards is a good guy.I also wonder how he can do those back flips but he is young.Maybe that is a good way to get loosened up after sitting in the race car so long.I am a fan of Jeremy Mayfield but as you know he isn't doing too well.I am pulling for JR to get into the top 12 to make the chase.I hate to see the riff between him and his step mother.

Andrea said...

Nancy, I posted a link to a map of where the pipeline is on my blog. You might want to go back and check it out.

Hubby used to be a Bill Elliott fan. Now he is pulling for Kasey Kaine. Our daughter (the one with brain cancer) was always a Dale Earnhart fan and now pulls for Dale JR. Other daughter really is not into racing. They are more into football, BAMA fans.

dot said...

That's a beautiful photo!
You ladies enjoy the races and I'll find something else to do! lol

Front Porch Society said...

How beautiful and what a bird's eye view!! :)

Lesley said...

What a fabulous view, Nancy!