Friday, August 17, 2007

Another Warm August Day



Thought I would try something new and post 2 pictures.Will be interesting to see how this turns out.


It was another warm day.They were telling us that today was going to be 10 degrees less than yesterday.Guess it was but even being in the mid to upper with lots of sunshine felt rather warm.Wanted to post these pictures of the rapids on the Nantahala River since looking at the rapids on such a hot day was so refreshing.


This coming Thursday school starts again so our grandson will be returning home.We love having him with us during the summer and this is where he would rather be.Sure will miss him.He will more than likely spend the weekends with us since soccer season will start soon and we can get him to the games on time.


Once our grandson returns home I will get a regular schedule and get back to walking in the park in the mornings.The only thing I am not looking forward to is that the park will close around the end of October and will reopen in the spring.I'll probably do more walking in the mall then.


Friday...6,363 steps...3.2 miles

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Are you trying to get brave posting two pictures? LOL

At 3:30 today my back porch thermometer read 99 degrees. It started raining and an hour later it was 75 degrees. Now that was a blessing from God the temps dropping like that.

Enjoyed reading all your posts. God blessed us with two daughters also. So after raising two daughters a grandson is an adventure. He will be 4 the end of September. I truly think God gave us this little boy to help me get through each day after finding out about our daughters brain cancer. He belongs to my oldest daughter, not the one with cancer.

Thanks for all your posts on my blog. I will be visiting yours again.

dot said...

Hi Nancy! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I'm just behind on everything! I've been trying to find a way to post large photos on my blog but it's not working. It takes a lot of time looking things up.
I walk but not with a pedometer. I try to walk 5 miles a day but I can't do it every day. Something else always comes up.