This is a picture of a heart decorating a tree here in our town.The owner of the house decorates the big tree for each holiday.Made sure I got a picture of the heart.Want to make sure to take pictures of the tree all year long to depict all of the ways it is decorated.
We are thinking that it will be decorated for St.Patrick's Day next or she might skip that and decorate for Easter since it falls only 6 days after St.Patrick's Day.
Fond memories of fun Valentine's Day in elementary school came sweeping back when I saw the note that my grandson needs to take an old shoe box to school by Friday for an art project.Wonder what that might be used for,lol? I gave him a shoe box that I have so the tradition continues with one of my shoe boxes to be decorated for all of his special valentine cards. How well I remember when we decorated our old shoe boxes in elementary school for all of our valentine cards.That was back in the late 50's.Yes that ages me but it sure is nice to see that 50 years later the same tradition goes forth in elementary schools.My grandson is in the first grade and will be 7 in a few months.Hard to believe that half a century ago I was his same age.Sure doesn't feel like a century ago.
5 comments:
Cute heart. People used to just decorate for Christmas but now they decorate for every occasion. Interesting but it looks like it would be a lot of work and money involved.
Shhhhhhh...don't tell anyone but the homeowner has lots of money.She donates lots of money to all kinds of charities and colleges in our area.She is well thought of and a very nice person.Notice how big her house is.I'm sure she has someone that decorates the tree for her but I find it a lot of fun to see how the tree will be decorated next.
I like the decorating as long as someone else is doing it. Yes that heart on the tree is really cute. I've never seen outside decorations for Valentines before.
I remember those decorated boxes at school. I think the little valentines were much nicer back then also.
What a neat idea and the tree will look so much better. One thing about it. Whoever drives by the house can't ever say they didn't know what the holiday was.
That's a nice idea to decorate the same tree for each holiday. Something to look forward to seeing. :-)
Post a Comment