Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


I want to wish everyone a very nice Valentine's Day.Hope it is a very special day for everyone.


Daisies are my favorite flower.My husband usually gets me a big bouquet of flowers or a special arrangement of flowers for Valentine's Day.This year I wanted a smaller bouquet containing my favorite flower.I picked this bouquet out yesterday evening before the flowers were all picked over.They only cost $5 and I love them just as much as a $30 arrangement or bouquet.


The thing I really wanted was a necklace with a heart.Found the perfect one when we were at the VA hospital the other day for my husband's doctor's appointment.It is exactly what I wanted and didn't cost much.The idea is that you can get what you want by looking around and not paying lots of money.The necklace will be even more special since it was bought at the VA hospital and my husband is a Viet Nam veteran.Hard to believe that it was 40 years ago that he was in Viet Nam.How the years fly by.


We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary in June.Over the years I have received all kinds of Valentine's Day special gifts.Some years flowers have been delivered.A few years ago my hubby wanted the flowers to be delivered.We aren't too far from the florist.We were going out to dinner that evening.It came time to leave for dinner and the flowers hadn't arrived.He ended up going into the florist and picking them up and handing them to me.After that experience he no longer relies on having flowers delivered.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

I love daisies too. I prefer simple flowers. I have a vase full of daffodils here.

Have a lovely day!

Andrea said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Sounds like you are a very conservative person. So am I. :)