Friday, February 22, 2008

Fog On The Great Smoky Mountains


I took this picture in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee the summer of 2006.What an amazing site that was.It had just stopped raining and the fog had moved

in.The fog is how the Great Smoky Mountains National Park got its name.The fog looks like smoke.

Please join us for Sky Watch Friday which Dot hosts at :

http://strollingthroughgeorgia.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

ellen b. said...

Beautiful. I've never seen the Great Smoky's. I think I need to do more trips in the big ole USA...

Andrea said...

Great picture. I have to correct you, I do not host Sky Watch Friday. It was Dot's wonderful idea to help us look up to the sky more often.

Happyone said...

Great photo. The fog really does look like smoke!

SandyCarlson said...

Those mountains are well named! Gorgeous.

Daniel J Santos said...

Beautiful, one great sky watch photo.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I remember this there and so love it esp that it lives up to its name

Yolanda said...

I love the Smokies and have been there many times. I think that is why I like it here so well as it reminds me of there. Thanks for sharing this.

quintarantino said...

Gives those mountains a magic touch that fog ... and your photo got it all!

Lilli & Nevada said...

That is pretty we went to Tennessee a few yrs ago, they seem to have lots of this fog, How did you like the humidity, we are not used to it. we have dry heat here

Tom said...

What a great Sky watch this one as been... another fantastic capture.

dot said...

I love your foggy shot! Very nice!

FO - 2 said...

Nice photo. :)
Thank`s for sharing the story around it.
Happy weekend! :)

Petunia said...

Nice shot!

Carole said...

It does look smoky. Great picture.

Pernille said...

Great photo!! It's magic:)

DeeMom said...

Neat how the fog twines around mountains and valleys, beautiful picture

Meggie said...

I've been to the Smokeys a few times. Great shot...captures the mood beautifully.

Peculiar Blogs said...

I read about your flax seed bread on Denise's blog. Could you give me the recipe? I would love it!

Small City Scenes said...

Beautiful shot. captures the smoke--er fog. hehe MB

dkuroiwa said...

That is an awesome shot!! I hope you have that framed somewhere!! America sure has her share of some beautiful spots, doesn't she?

Andree said...

I have always wondered why! Marvelous capture of the fog. My Sky Watch is here. Thank you.