Friday, February 1, 2008

Icy Morning


We woke up to ice every where.It will be short lived since the temperature will rise to 40 today.Not too safe to drive yet so schools are closed once again.They were closed last Friday due to the snow and bitter temperatures.


I took this picture after I let our cat outside.He goes out for a short while but was ready to come back in.He sat there like he didn't know what to do and he didn't know what to think of the icy ground.


Been taking it easy this week.Didn't even realize that I hadn't blogged for over a week.Thanks for checking on me.Our snow is melted and I am so disappointed.I love the look of snow on the ground.The bare ground looks rather gloomy to me.


The Super Bowl is this Sunday.Our area is rather excited since a rookie player on the New York Giants team is from our area.His name is Ahmad Bradshaw.He graduated from the same high school that our daughters attended but they were already out of school by the time he was in high school.He was a great player on the high school team and is now showing the New York Jets how good he is.We are pulling for the Giants to win.

4 comments:

Happyone said...

We are just getting all the rain - no ice.
They delayed school here 2 hours because there MIGHT be ice.
I'm not into football - don't even know who is playing in the superbowl. :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture, but all of your pictures are beautiful! Don't blame the cat for not wanting to go out. Our two dogs are the same way when it's cold.
We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday, but today is 40 and sunny, so most of the snow is gone.
We're with the ones who don't care for football, but our son loves it.
We discuss it, but I really don't care!

Susan in SC said...

Superbowl? That's a game of some sort?! :) We aren't football fans here. I was not even sure when the game was to be played. I thought it was sometime in January! Ice is beautiful to look at but keep it away from me! Susan in SC

Andrea said...

We are getting some rain that we really need. We got a little snow two different days and I posted those on my blog. Any way we can get water is appreciated right now.