Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Few Ponderings

I'm a little late writing in my blog.My grandson was on my computer doing things offline.After that, I had problems getting online.Don't know if it was an ISP problem or something my grandson did.I re-entered my log in name and password a few times and finally after a few hours I was able to get online.

For lunch we took our grandson to a McDonald's that has an indoor play area.This McDonald's is located about 12 miles from our house right off of the interstate.While waiting in line I struck up a converstion with the guy behind me in line.I noticed that he was there with a group of young people.I could tell that they had been skiing at a ski area about 40 miles north off us off of the interstate.I asked where they were from.He told me Georgia so I asked where in Georgia.They are from an area south of Georgia.I then told him that we had lived in Georgia.He asked where and I told him.Come to find out he grew up about 10 miles from the area where we lived in Georgia.We talked about how much that area had grown.Where we lived 23 years ago in Georgia was a rural area then.It now has its own high school!

Our grandson had a nice time playing with another boy in the play area.We had eaten so we sat and relaxed while our grandson played.A little bit later the grandmother of the little boy came over and asked us if our grandson could join them in their party for her grandson who was the boy that our grandson had been playing with.I thought that was very nice to include our grandson in their party.

We all had a very nice time at McDonald's today.

No comments: