Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally A Decent Snowfall


I was measuring our snowfall this morning and had my camera with me so decided to take a picture to document how much snow we actually received.I'll need to remember to do that in the future.


I always measure the depth of the snow on the patio table on our deck.This morning it measured about 6 3/4 inches of snow.


I've been wanting a decent snowfall all winter and finally got it at the end of February.Our area is known to have heavier snowfalls in February and March.Last year we had snow in April for Easter.


This snowstorm has been rather odd.Yesterday it would snow for awhile then the sun would come out.About 1/2 hour later it would start snowing once again.Reminded me of summer rain showers but instead it was winter snow showers.

6 comments:

Happyone said...

Glad you finally got your snow you've been wanting.
It is cold here today - this morning when I walked it was only 20 degrees.
Enjoy the snow. :-)

DeeMom said...

Nancy we live in central WV close to Clarksburg. We got SOME snow, not as much as you all did, but enough they canceled schools in several counties. Our accumulation was @ 3 inches…not NEAR what you had…so send some up ‘)

dot said...

That's a lot to us Georgia folks!

dkuroiwa said...

Now that...is some sparkley snow!!! I do miss that as we very rarely get snow here....snow flakes, sometimes, but nothing that sticks too terribly much!!

Paulie said...

I am so jealous -- I would have loved just one snowfall like that!

Andrea said...

We don't see that much snow here in Georgia often. My grandson is 4 and has never seen that much. We need a good one just for him.