Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Heat Is On

These are pictures of Thomas The Train.We are making plans to take our grandson Jeremy to Dillsboro NC the end of the month to see and experience Day Out With Thomas.We have bought the tickets for the train ride.He is so excited.He has been a big Thomas fan for a few years and has quite a few of the trains.It will be nice to have a slow paced get away the end of the month.

It has been quite warm here the last few days.Finally got some much needed rain today.The temperature has been at 90 or above both Sunday and Monday.The rain cooled us off some today but it might have reached 90 before the rain came.Our local Chamber of Commerce has a promotion that states that We are Nature's Air Conditioned City.Whenever the temperature reaches 90 or above free lemonade is served the next day at various locations around town.We have already experienced 4 Lemonade Days so far this summer.

Since it has been so warm I haven't been getting out and taking many walks.I've been riding my stationary bike and using my step conversion chart to calculate the equivalent steps.

Monday I accumlated 5793 steps which is 2.9 miles
Today I accumulated 6624 steps which is 3.3 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Nancy! Just wanted to let you know I was here. I enjoyed reading about your walking!
Dianne