We were invited to a cookout yesterday at my niece's house.She and her family live way out in the country.I was curious as to how far they live from us so I kept an eye on my odometer while driving.Their house is 13 miles from us.Five of those miles are down a narrow curvy country road.
That got me to thinking about my pedometer.I measure my steps daily and use a chart on my computer to convert the steps to miles.I know that it is an average but since I don't want to get bogged down in numbers I am using the average stride of 2,000 steps equaling 1 mile.
Yesterday I had a little over 5,900 steps on my pedometer.It would have been nice to have my reading higher but that is what I walked all day and I accept it.After returning home last night I was thinking about that long curvy country road to my niece's house being 5 miles off of the two lane main road.That is a long way to drive down such a curvy country road especially driving it after dark!!.It dawned on me that 5 miles is a long distance to walk!! I will never again think of 5 miles being just a number or even 3 miles being just a number.It is a great accomplishment getting in that many steps in a day.I will strive for 10,000 but will now realize how well I am doing if I get in 6,000 steps a day.
Yesterday's pedometer reading was 5,946 steps which equals just about 3 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment