Friday, July 20, 2007

My Growing Cactus



I tried posting this picture of one of my cactus yesterday.For some unknown reason it never did download so I am trying once again.My cactus keeps spreading and growing.I am so proud of my cactus.It started out as one little cactus sticking out of the ground that I happened to spot one day about 6 years.My hubby kept getting it with the weed whacker.I finally decided that I wanted to save it so I put a border around it with some bricks and told him to stay away from it.After that it started to flourish and grow.It dies off in the winter then comes right back in the spring.It has spread and now there is another cactus that has been growing for a few years.The first cactus bloomed last summer for the first time.It had a few pretty yellow blooms that bloomed at the same time.This summer there have been two yellow blooms that have bloom at different intervals.The flowers haven't lasted long so I have been fortunate to get a picture taken each time.

To the right of this cactus is another cactus that has sprouted.This is what the larger cactus looked like when I saved it from the weed whacker about 6 eyars ago.






Since we are finally getting some much needed rain I have noticed that my two cactus are growing and spreading.I really take a delight in watching them grow and flourish.





Thursday:accumulate 7,809 steps






...3.9 miles

No comments: