Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday Morning Catching Up


I took this picture last night when I went out to water my flowers.I noticed how pretty the sky looked so I went back inside and grabbed my camera.Hope it turns out OK on here.The picture is rather dark but the sky was beautiful shade of pink.


Been busy the last few days.Not even sure when I last wrote.Should have checked before I posted.Went with hubby Ken to the VA hospital on Wednesday for his colonoscopy.This was a second attempt since the one a few months was stopped since he wasn't cleaned out enough.I felt so bad for him since this time around he had to go to only liquids and drink the nasty stuff for two days before the procedure.We had to leave at 5:30 since we had to be there at 8.The hosptial is 100 miles from us which means a little more than 2 hour drive since you never know about traffic.We take the more leisurely route which keeps us off of the interstate.
I was so proud of myself this time.I usually just sit and wait and maybe walk a little.This time I was determined to get in lots of walking and I did.I had noticed the markings on the sidewalk that goes around the hospital campus.The word move was written quite a bit.I started walking then got to the start mark.After walking a bit they had the one tenth mile and so on and so on.The walk all around the hospital campus is 1.3 miles and I walked the full distance.I also did a lot of walking in the hospital.On our way home we stopped at Books A Million which meant a lot more walking.At the end of the day I had accumulated 10,447 steps.
Yesterday I went out and did some yard work.Our shubs need some trimming so I worked on them.Still have lots more to do out there but will wait till and evening when it is shady out there.I got in some walking and rode my stationary bike.At the end of the day I had accumulated 9,720 steps.
The last time I wrote I believe I was complaining about the heat.We have had some much needed rain and it has cooled off.Wednesday night it got down into the 40's.The last few days it has been in the 70's and quite pleasant.Today it is sunny and we will see a high of 81.Not bad for the middle of July!
Wednesday:6,312 steps ...3.2 miles
Thursday:10,447 steps..5.2 miles
Friday 9,720 steps..4.9 miles

No comments: