Friday, July 27, 2007

My Pedometer


This is a picture of our dog Bub.We got him a few months after moving into this house.We rescued him from the animal shelter.They said that he was a year old at the time which means he is going on his 10th birthday and still a very active dog.He's a mixed breed dog.Has some chow in him amongst other things.He's a very good dog around our two grandchildren for which we are very grateful.We were talking to our grandson the other day about Bub turning 10.We don't know his birthdate so our grandson who is 6 will be picking out a day next month for Bub's birthday.I believe he is leaning towards the 17th which is the Friday before school starts.


I was thinking about my pedometer this morning.I've been wearing one for 2 months now.I put it on in the morning.It really pushes me to get up and move.When the weather doesn't cooperate like here lately I get my stationary bike and ride.I can count the equivalent steps for riding as pedometer steps.A chart I have states that 1 minute on the stationary bike equals 212 steps so that is a pretty good return for all of the energy expended on the stationary bike.I have worked back up to riding it for 25 minutes.That is a big accomplishment since I could barely ride it for 5 minutes just 3 months ago before I started walking.
I just checked by steps log.I need to accumulate at least 5 more miles of steps to reach my 100 mile goal for the month of July.I accumulated 125 miles worth of steps in the month of June.I eased up some on accumulating steps in the month of June since my knees were bothering from all of the walking on hills in the park.My knees are feeling better since I am not walking so many hills and riding my stationary bike more.


Thursday...7,052 steps...3.5 miles

1 comment:

S said...

Hi there. I have started wearing a pedometer too and am working my way to 10,000 / day.
I was wondering, where did you find the chart with the equivelent steps to riding on the bike? I'd be interested in learning more about that.
Thanks.