Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Nice Warm Up


I took this picture yesterday morning around 7:30 when we were heading down a road.It was a snowy morning.The road was covered in snow except for the clearer path that cars had made.I am not usually out on the road in the morning and especially when it is snowing.We were heading out to my hubby's doctor's appointment at the VA hospital about 100 miles east of us.


When we got about 30 miles from our town is when we no longer saw any traces of snow on the ground.It amazes me that when you are out on a two lane highway just a few minutes from home you don't see any traces of snow due to the wonderful care of the snow plow drivers.Coming home we didn't see much snow until we turned off of the two lane road then saw all of the snow that had been plowed into piles off of the K-Mart parking lot.We were surprised to see all of the snow in our yard still.It had warmed up to 25 here yesterday but in the area where we went it was near 40.You sort of forget how cold it could be at home when you are somewhere else enjoying some slightly warmer weather.


Today was a wonderful day with plenty of sunshine and the temperature in the upper 30's.The snow is melting now.After having a high of 18 on Tuesday and a high of 25 yesterday it sure was nice to feel the heat of a 40 degree sun shiny day today.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Our low's seem to be your highs. We've had much more cold weather this year than we normally have. At least it helps one get use to the cold. I love your snow pictures they are just beautiful.

Susan in SC said...

Love the snow pictures! I wish we could get one good snow. Maybe I need to move closer to you!