Friday, January 16, 2009

How Low Will It Go?


It has been a frigid day here in the mountains of southern West Virginia.I kept an eye on our indoor outdoor thermometer all evening to see how low it would go.


Decided to go ahead and post the picture I took a few minutes ago showing that it is now -1 outside.I tried taking pictures of the thermometer on the wall but the area was just too dark.I took it off of the wall and placed it on a throw on my desk chair.Made for a nice clear picture.The time and indoor temperature are incorrect.I have never bothered to reset the time since we don't look at it for the time.The indoor temperature is off a few degrees since I had moved the thermometer on to my throw which I had warmed up in the dryer,lol.I stay nice and warm since I warm up my throw every so often..Thanks Dianne for that nice tip!


It was -2 when I got up this morning at 8.They are saying that it will be colder tonight but there won't be a wind chill since the winds will be calm.


Schools in our area are closed today due to the frigid weather.


Update...it is now -2 as I write this but I won't take another picture now.If it gets any colder before I go to bed in a few hours I will take a picture then.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Brrrr - too cold for this girl! I am glad the schools were on a delay but maybe they should have closed. Stay warm!!

Linda said...

That is cold - I suppose our temperature is warm compared to yours. Our low was in the 20" and the High was in the low 50's.