Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Happy New Year.Hope the new year 2009 is a good one for everyone.

My weekly virus scan just finished scanning so I wasn't able to write earlier in the day.It is a bright and sunny day here.Such nice weather to start the new year.The temperature is in the 30's.Can't complain about that on the first day of a new year.We had a rather chilly start to the new year since it was down in the lower teens over night.

Stayed home and spent a quiet night at home.Watched a marathon of a show on TV last night that I had never seen.It is Speeders.What a great escape.It was nice to see how the state police,highway patrol,local police or whatever they are called in various areas treat the public.I was wondering if it might have been because they were on camera or if that was their actual mode of operation.Any way,it was fun just to sit and watch the marathon of Speeders shows.Funny how some of the ones that are stopped tell the cops one thing about their previous offences but after the cop runs a report it is a different story.One guy mentioned that he had actually gotten stopped 4 times within a week for speeding.That should tell the guy to slow down!

Thinking back on it I was wondering if I was enjoying the show so much after my encounter with one of our town's police a few weeks ago.I believe I wrote about it on my blog.Just in case I didn't here is the story.I was driving down one of our local two lane city streets.I had noticed that a local cop had pulled over a car on the other side of the road.I wasn't speeding so thought nothing of it.The next thing I knew I saw the police car make a turn around in the middle of the road and coming my direction.I pulled over thinking he was on a call and needed to get by.To my surprise he pulled up behind me.I knew I hadn't done anything wrong.The young policeman came to our car and was apologetic.There was a bulletin out to look for a car that was the description of our car.He knew that we weren't what they were looking for and apologized.Guess two grandparents with their 7 year old grandson in the back seat did not fit the description.

As the policeman left I wished him a very Merry Christmas.He was so kind.We both had a good attitude regarding the stop.One of my daughters told me after the fact that some people get upset with a policeman for getting stopped like that.Glad I took it kindly and that the policeman was kind to me.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I have watched that show too Nancy and am amazed at some of the responses from the people stopped. Makes you wonder how they ever got a license! Happy new year to you too!!!