Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New River GORGE

ABC WEDNESDAY.......Letter "G".....GORGE



We visited the NEW RIVER GORGE here in West Virginia a few years ago.It is located about an hour's drive from our home.We went to Hawks Nest State Park to enjoy the GORGE.If you notice in the picture there is a tram that you can ride to the bottom of the GORGE.Once down to the bottom we rode a jet boat to experience the river.The boat ride was so much fun and something that I would love to experience again.I have copied and pasted information concerning the jet boat rides that I got from the state park website:




Jetboat Rides
Ride the scenic tram to the bottom of the New River Gorge Canyon. There you will climb aboard “Miss M. Rocks”, a 21 foot covered Jetboat, where a combination of speed and power will conquer the currents of the New River. See the world's second longest single arch steel bridge towering 876 feet above you, giving you an advantage for great photographs. The Jetboat runs rain or shine. No special clothing required. Tickets may be purchased at the tram office. Allow one hour for your adventure. Arrive at boat dock area 15 minutes prior to ticket departure time. Jetboat prices include tram ride.



The New River Gorge area is an area that is popular with white water rafters.



Please join us at Mrs Nesbittt's Place for ABC Wednesday:

http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Lilli & Nevada said...

That looks like a really neat place to spend some time at

Katney said...

We plan on riding the jet boats on the Snake River this summer. There are so many palces to visit, so little time.

Kate said...

The colours must be spectacular in the fall!

Juliana RW said...

Nice shot

Hope you visit mine also Thanks.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

G like gorge, it was obvious and I didn't think of it.
Good choice and post.

Lana G! said...

Oh man that sounds fun!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi ,
This is a wonderfull G Theme for ABC wednesday, The Gorge looks like a wonderfull river to visit, was Virginia pretty?


Greetings from JoAnn/Holland
Visit my G for ABC wednesday

Mrs Mac said...

That's a great view!

FO - 2 said...

Nice G. :)
I hope you get to experience the trip again!

Pernille said...

Fantastic photo and G!!

Daryl said...

Nice place to go and take pix!

Linda said...

That's a great G post. I remember the Bridge and viewing the river as a teenager (a long time ago) on one of our summer vacations. It is a beautiful place.

Anne-Berit said...

Great G-post:o)

DeeMom said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the GREAT state of West Virginia

Great picture

Berit T said...

Very nice photo and good G!!!

ellen b. said...

That's a huge river. I haven't ever been on a jet boat...hmmm.
Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

very nice photo

Petunia said...

Nice G post today:D

Andrea said...

What a beautiful view. Great G post.

Happyone said...

Wow, fantastic view!!

Dragonstar said...

Wow! It looks a long way down! Incredible place.

Kim said...

My husband has rafter the New River. It is something that I would really like to do sometime. This is a great shot and it looks like fun.

Paulie said...

I completely forgot about the Columbia River Gorge that I took photos of last summer!!!!!

Your photos are beautiful and you are lucky to have ways to experience the river in your gorge.

Kerri Farley said...

Great G post! I lived in WV (Summers Co) for the first 18years of my life...and then in the late 90s again. Now I live near the New River in Virginia.....I need to visit Hawk's Nest though. I have only been there as a child.
Fabulous G Post!!!