Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Good Day


Today has been like an early Spring day although Spring won't arrive for another week.Decided to get outside and take a walk since it was still so nice out.I walked two miles.I believe I have finally adjusted to the time change.I wasn't dragging today like I was earlier in the week.


This is another picture that I took on our road trip yesterday.I love the layer of mountains shown in the picture.
I received a comment on my blog concerning our trips to the VA hospital for my hubby's doctor's appointments.He is a disabled Viet Nam veteran and gets excellent care at the VA hospital.He sees a primary care doctor every three months and has appointments with a podiatrist technician who keeps a check on his feet since he is a diabetic.He also has various other appointments every few months.Thank you for your concern.


I wear my I-Pod while walking.I was so thrilled that the last song that I listened to is one of my favorites so I was able to bring it right up on my I-Pod.It is an old song by Kenny Chesney ..Baptism.I did a google search and came up with the lyrics.I wanted to keep the lyrics so thought I'd share them with everyone:


Baptism by Kenny Chesney and Randy Travis


The summer breeze, made ripples on the pondRattled through the rings and the willow trees beyondDaddy in his good hat, mama in her Sunday dressWatched in pride, as I stood there in the water up to my chestAnd the preacher spoke about the cleansing bloodI sank my toes into that East Tennessee mudAnd it was down with the old man, up with the newRaised to walk in the way of light and truthI didn't see no angels, just a few saints on the shoreBut I felt like a new baby, cradled up in the arms of the LordAmazing grace, oh how sweet the soundThere was glory in the air, there was dinner on the groundAnd my sins went for many, were washed away and goneAlong with a buffalo nickel I forgot to leave at homeBut that seemed like such a small, small price to payFor the blessed peace of mind that came to me that dayAnd it was down with the old man, up with the newRaised to walk in the way of light and truthI didn't see no angels, just a few saints on the shoreBut I felt like a new baby, cradled up in the arms of the LordThis road is long and dusty, sometimes the soul must be cleansedAnd I long to feel that water, rushing over me againDown with the old man, up with the newRaised to walk in the way of light and truthI didn't see no angels, just a few saints on the shoreBut I felt like a new baby, cradled up in the arms of the LordI felt like a newborn baby, cradled up in the arms of the Lord[ More Chesney Kenny Lyrics ]
My Gratitudes:
1.Our almost 7 year old grandson lost his first tooth today.He is so excited!
2.Hubby had a good checkup with is primary care doctor yesterday
3.Grateful for this lovely weather this evening so that I could once again get outside and take a nice walk.It felt so good to take a nice walk in the fresh air and listen to some wonderful music while walking.

1 comment:

CountryMouse said...

You have beautiful scenery near your home