This is my favorite Easter Hymn:
Up from the Grave He Arose (Low in the Grave He Lay)Text: Robert Lowry, 1826-1899 Music: Robert Lowry, 1826-1899 Tune: CHRIST AROSE, Meter: 65.64 with Refrain
1. Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
Refrain:
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!
2. Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)
3. Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)
3 comments:
I'm not sure that I've heard it before. Sounds beautiful tho.
I love that hymn and in fact I posted the first verse of it up on my blog yesterday too. :-)
This is one of my most favortie hymns~ Susan in SC
Post a Comment