Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What Could Have Been



This Picture was taken in January 1994 after we received a couple of feet of snow.I am attempting to dig our car out.Where we lived at that time we had to park our car on the street.Wasn't much fun when we received lots of snow since we had to dig our cars out and hope our parking spot was still waiting for us on our return home.People in our area who had to park on the street went as far as putting folding chairs or whatever they had to mark their parking space until their return home.At that time my husband's shift at work ended at midnight.I decided to mark the parking spot so that he would have some where to park.The street where we parked was usually empty and there was no problem with parking.When it snowed the people that lived on the hill above our street would park where we normally parked so that made it hard for us to have our usual parking space.

I wrote all of that above to state that we are glad that the 1.5 inches of rain with more to come is only rain.If this had been snow we would be digging out.At least we have a driveway now and once we clear the snow off the cleared drive way is all ours.

There is a flood warning out for our neighboring Virginia county.When we were out late this afternoon we saw some streams that were about to come out of their banks.Town crews have been busy today unclogging the sewer drains for the excess water to run off.We are on a hill so the water rushes down our hill which means the flat road below has usually has some flooding concerns.Glad we have two ways in and out.When we left this afternoon we went down the hill.The road below us was starting to have some standing water.We decided to come home the other direction which is down over the hill.Didn't want to drive through the standing water on the road below us.

My Blessings:

1.We are blessed that we are getting this rain.We needed it since we are already one inch below normal for the year.February was a dry month for us.

2.I feel blessed that I am able to supply my grandson's first grade classrooms with some things from Australia.Their classroom will be representing Australia for the book fair open house on April 1.I was fortunate to have a wind chime,an Australian Boomerang and a Perth Australia refrigerator magnet.They all came from a cyber friend I had back in the early 90's.We are no longer in touch but what a blessing it is to share the things I have with others.The only thing I regret is that about a month ago I was going through a box of stuff I had kept that she had sent me.I threw away a newspaper,a calendar and a grocery ad.All of those would have been quite interesting to share too.

3.My daughter came by with my granddaughter this morning.They stayed a few hours.My granddaughter did not want to go home.I feel so very blessed that my 3 year old granddaughter loves her Nana so very much that she wants to be with me and not go home.That really makes my day!

No comments: