Took this picture the other day of my daffodils coming up.Won't be too much longer till they are blooming.
When I picked up my grandson today after school I noticed the pretty crocus that were blooming in the flower bed in front of the school.I pointed them out to my grandson.Just seeing those crocus blooming brought a smile to my face.
Still trying to adjust to the change in time.I have been feeling rather tired today.From what I have been hearing the change to Daylight Savings time affects your body just like jet lag does.
I was visiting a friend's blog and got a smile on my face when she mentioned enjoying Lewis Grizzard's newspaper columns 17 years ago.Lewis has since passed away.He was a local Atlanta Journal columnist when we lived in the Atlanta the first 12 years of marriage from 1973-1985.We also, at one time owned all of his books.He was a humorist and enjoyed writing about southern ways.He would also mention his cousin " Ludlow Porch" Wonder whatever happened to Ludlow? Ludlow had a local radio show in the Atlanta area.
Today's Blessings:
1.My 6 year old grandson once again got straight A's on his report card.I enjoy helping him with his homework every day which is also a blessing.He is a special needs child.He was born 6 weeks early and so tiny.We are so blessed that our grandson's only weakness is his weak hands.He has the help of an Occupational Therapist once a week to help strengthen his hands.His handwriting is improving.
2.I am grateful that my 3 year old granddaughter is adjusting well to pre-k.
3.I am grateful for my special treat...Russell Stover Sugar Free Chocolate Covered Mint Patties.I keep them in the freezer and enjoy one a day.They are so refreshing and quite yummy!
1 comment:
Oh Nancy...and this brought a smile on my face!!! I absolutely adored Lewis Grizzard and was oh so very sad when he passed away. One of my favorite books, "Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I love you" is one that, now that I think about it, I really need to read again.
His column never failed to bring a smile to my face. I also lived in Atlanta for a few years and feel so close to that wonderful place when I re-read his stuff!!
Thanks for sharing such a nice memory!!
(and seriously, I always thought that Ludlow was just a character he had made up!!!)
Post a Comment