Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I is for Icing...ABC Wednesday


This is a picture of my birthday cake that we enjoyed last October.I love butter cream icing on a bakery cake.As you can notice on the cake I share the birthday cake with our oldest daughter.She was born the day before my birthday.


There is a funny thing about the birthday cake.My grandchildren call me Nana so I had that written on the cake.For the second year in a row the same person in the grocery store bakery must have decorated the cake.Nana is spelled NaNA for the second year in a row.Need to check to see if I have a picture from 2 years ago to compare.If I do I will download it to a blog after this.Stay Tuned.....


Please join us at Mrs.Nesbitt's Place for ABC Wednesday:

16 comments:

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh that is neat, your the first Icing on a cake i have seen.

mrsnesbitt said...

Now that really IS the icing on the cake! LOL!

Happyone said...

Great I idea!!
The cake looks delicious but the icing is always so rich I can't eat very much of it. :-)

Janet said...

That cake looks so yummy!

KOSTAS said...

Marvellous idea, with very love!

Andrea said...

I sure wish I had a nice slice of that cake right now. It looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Yummi.. :-)

FO - 2 said...

Yummi I! :)
Tempting.... ;)

DeeMom said...

HOW Clever... and yummy

dot said...

Oh yummy, I need some cake!

gma said...

YUM!

DeeMom said...

we do share the West Virginia thing

Katney said...

I always go for the roses.

Dragonstar said...

Lovely bright golden roses! Great Idea for a post.

dkuroiwa said...

....ooooohhhh butter cream frosting.......I'm having sugar surges just thinking about it!!!

Linda said...

Nice choice - I also love buttercream - My daughter and her daughter's birthday are the same. March is a busy birthday month for us