Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Daffodil Blooming


I thought that my first daffodil would be blooming today so went outside a little bit ago and sure enough it was.I took a few pictures to capture the first bloom.It is a rainy cold day in the 40's.I noticed that my Weather Pixie showed the sun shining which is all wrong.Wonder where they get the current conditions? The current temperature is correct but showing the sun is incorrect.


We took our 6 year old grandson to the movies this afternoon to see the movie Horton Hears a Who.It was a very enjoyable movie.Our grandson really enjoyed it.


I was so sad to see that a tornado did such damage in downtown Atlanta yesterday evening.The odd thing is that it did some damage to the CNN building but they remained on the air.I was flipping TV channels last night and a bulletin came across the CNN channel stating that a possible tornado had hit the downtown area.Guess the damage to that building wasn't too severe since they remained on air.


Hope those that live in Georgia and may be reading this are all safe.Just checked to see if CNN was on the air and it is.They were running a segment about a tornado hitting an area in Polk county north of Atlanta.


We lived right outside of the city limits of Atlanta back in 1975 when a tornado hit the Governor's Mansion.That tornado touched down about 5-10 miles from where we lived.All we had were the rain and thunderstorms.I read online that tornado was the last one to hit within the Atlanta city limits before last night's tornado hit downtown Atlanta.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you Nancy, we are safe. We are 60 miles west of Atlanta. We were under severe thunderstorm & tornado watches and warnings all day today. The county above us had two deaths and the county above them had one death due to tornados.

Happyone said...

Always nice to see that first flower in bloom. There are quite a few blooming around town but none in my yard yet.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your walk. Do you still wear your pedometer all day?

CountryMouse said...

Its nice to see the daffodils coming through isn't it. We have a few in our garden though they are fighting windy weather over here in England. That is nothing though compared with those people who have experienced the tornado. What a comparison of Mother Nature - daffodils bringing beauty, tornados bringing damage.

dkuroiwa said...

My dad (NW of Atlanta) sent a message and said that they and my sister and her hubby were okay. Got some strange weather going on!
Our daffodils are about to bloom...don't you just love those little flowers?!?! I do!!
And glad to know that Horton Hears and Who was good....I am so excited about that movie as the book is one of my favorites!!!

Unknown said...

Daffodils and tornadoes! Our neighbor's yard is full of daffodils, and Georgia is full of tornadoes. I live in Okla where both are plentiful this time of year.