Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Cold Spring Day


I took this picture yesterday when we were experiencing some snow showers.If you look closely you can see the snow coming down.The snow would come then the next thing you know the sun would be out.It went like that off and on all day yesterday.Need to remember to take another picture this time next month to see if there is much difference in the trees.


As you can tell by the picture it still looks like winter here.Wonder when we will see some leaves on the trees? Some years its in April and other years the leaves don't appear till May.


I was reading in the newspaper over the weekend how spring flowers and trees blooming are appearing earlier and earlier every year.It made mention of the cherry blossoms in Washington DC.They now bloom around the last week of March.Years ago and I do remember this since I grew up in the Washington DC area the cherry blossoms didn't bloom till around the first week of April.There is a big Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC every April.Seems like the last few years the cherry blossoms are about gone by the time the Cherry Blossom Festival arrives.


I did some Spring cleaning yesterday.Need to get more done but it was a good start.


My Gratitudes:

1.I am grateful that my cold is about gone and it was short lived.


2.I am looking forward to seeing my grandchildren today.Haven't seen them for a week now since they have been gone on their family trip to Myrtle Beach.We are sure that our grandson will have lots to tell us when we pick him up after school in a little while.
3.I am grateful for my good health.Now to get serious about losing some weight.Saw a show on TV last night..I Can Make You Thin which had some sound advice which I will be following.Will let everyone know how I am doing on my blog.

3 comments:

dot said...

I think you will see a big difference in your trees in one month.

Andrea said...

We are having some cold mornings but nice afternoons.

Good luck on your weight loss. I have a friend who has started Weight Watchers. I have never tried that plan. I do need to lose some but mine is more lack of exercise than diet. I need to get more motivated.

Happyone said...

We have been having cold mornings but then it warms up during the day.
Good luck on your plan to lose weight. If you are interested I've written a web page with my husband with my tips on weight loss.
link