Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Fun Evening




Yesterday evening we attended an Elvis Tribute.Lou Vuto is the guy who does the Tribute to Elvis.He is a local performer at The Memories Theater in Pigeon Forge TN.Since I forgot to take my camera I found these two pictures on his website and added them here.
Last night Lou wore a red jumpsuit similar to the one in the pictures.The show was a benefit for our local newspaper's Newspaper In Education program.
I have always been an Elvis fan.Back in 1976 when I was expecting daughter Kimberly Ken and I attended an Elvis concert in Atlanta Georgia.We lived in the Atlanta area at the time.I was a little disappointed in the concert since Elvis spent so much time gyrating for the ladies and didn't spend enough time singing all of his hits.
Lou sang a few of my favorite songs.....Suspicious Minds,Can't Help Falling In Love With You and The Trilogy.There are many other songs that Elvis sang that I love but those are a few favorites that Lou sang last night.
While doing some online research I found out that Elvis would have been 74 on January 8th.Hard to believe that he passed away at the young age of 42.He passed away in August of 1977 which is only a year after we saw him in concert.
We have seen two others that do tributes to Elvis.One was in Maggie Valley NC and the other in Pigeon Forge TN.Lou was by far the best.
We would love to go to Pigeon Forge TN to The Memories Theater and see Lou Vuto's full act.We saw another Elvis tribute at that theater a few years ago.At that time Lou was doing a tribute show in Gatlinburg.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Sounds like lots of fun Nancy!!