Today's snow sort of surprised everyone.We were suppose to get snow the other day but it sort of fizzled out so we really didn't think we would get much this time either.
They had predicted that it was going to rain yesterday then turn to snow overnight.We never did see any rain and the snow started at 2 AM.We were hoping that the snow would hold off yesterday since we wanted to attend the Bluegrass show last night.The music was so good and we are so very grateful that the snow held off for a few hours.
I woke up to the sound of a car trying to make it up our road which is on a hill.I felt so sorry for the driver that kept getting stuck.A few hours later our town's snow plow came through and cleared our road then the sun helped to keep it clear between the snow showers.Our road is covered with snow once again since the snow showers continued after dark.The snow plow will come through bright and early and clear the road once again.
Ended up with between 4-6 inches of snow.Not sure of the exact amount since the sun came out a few times between the snow showers and melted some of the snow.We started the day with 4 inches of snow and ended the day with 4 inches of snow.During the day we had some heavy snow showers so I know the accumulation would have been more if the sun hadn't melted some of it.
I took this picture this morning from our back deck.I really enjoy taking lots pictures of the snow since I don't know if it will be the last snow of the season or not.We have had blizzards in March so snow in March is very common in our area.Seems like that is when we get our bigger snowfalls.
No comments:
Post a Comment