Do you notice something missing in this picture?
We were sitting at a traffic light and I noticed something missing.I grabbed my camera and took this picture.
The Hardees sign was blown out thanks to the strong storm that moved through our area Wednesday evening.
I was read in our local newspaper that winds were clocked at 68 miles per hour Wednesday evening during the storm.They might have been blowing even harder since the high winds knocked out the power at the local airport where the local temperature and wind speeds are measured and recorded for The National Weather Service.
Hubby and I were eating at a small locally owned Chinese restaurant Wednesday evening.It was raining and windy at the time.There was only one other table being used at the time.The power blinked one time and I told my hubby that it would be funny if the power went out.A few minutes later the power went out! The couple that own the restaurant rushed around in the dark and found a few flashlights and a couple of candles.The wife was going to send her husband to a near by store to get some more candles but then realized that the whole area was with out power.
The husband brought a small candle to our table.His wife teased us and said that they were going to charge us extra for an early romantic Valentine's dinner.
It was rather scary driving home with no traffic signals working at the intersections.I was glad that I only had to drive about 5 miles to go home.How happy we were to see that there was power when we got about a mile from home!
1 comment:
How scarey! I am glad you and Ken were fine and not affected by the winds!
Post a Comment