Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snowy Day


We had our first measurable snow today.Woke up to around an inch of snow on the ground.I took some pictures when I went out to the driveway to get the newspaper.We had about 2 inches of snow on the ground then.


I love snow and enjoy it whenever it snows.Guess it helps that I don't have to get out and drive in it.If I was one that had to get out and drive in it when the roads I don't think I would enjoy snow as much.Schools were closed today due to the roads conditions being so bad.There were numerous accidents since we are in the mountains with hills all over the place.We are on a hill and a car tried to make it up our hill and couldn't.They had to back down and park in a pullover area then walk up the hill.You can usually make it up the hill as far as our house but that is when people start having problems.Glad we don't live any further up the hill.

3 comments:

dot said...

Nancy, it looks beautiful! I love that fence. Maybe we will get a little snow this year.

Andrea said...

I am jealous. I want snow....lots of snow. In March 1993 we had a blizzard. That was the most snow I have ever seen in my lifetime. But it was so cold we could not play in it. My grandson is 4 and he has only seen flurries, no accumalations on the ground.

Merlene said...

What a beautiful sight to wake up to early in the morning in December as we prepare for Christmas. The Thanksgiving trip was beautiful. How those Grand babies have grown. Amazing how they full fill our lives.