Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh The Memories


I've been having fun using the scanner that is included with my new printer.I've been scanning some pictures to my computer that I have wanted to have available for blogs.


This is a picture of my grandson and me taken back in January 2002.My grandson was 9 months at the time.He had recently been fitted for his DOC Band.We had to take trips to Charlotte twice a month to have the DOC Band adjusted.That meant a 360 mile round trip in one day but it was well worth our time and effort to help our grandson's head be shaped properly.

3 comments:

dot said...

Cute picture! Interesting about the Doc band. I've never heard of it before.

Andrea said...

I have never heard of a DOC band either. Maybe you need to explain further for us. That would make an interesting post.

Nancy said...

Here is a website that explains the DOC Band and Plagiocephaly:
http://www.cranialtech.com/

This website can explain the need for a DOC Band better than I can.More and more babies are needing DOC Bands now due to sleeping on their backs.Babies need to sleep on their backs due to SIDS so I am not recommending tummy sleeping at all.

The back of their heads can become flat.Every two weeks when my husband and I took our grandson to Charlotte for an adjustment they would shave the inside of the band to conform with the growth of our grandson's head.He out grew the first DOC Band and needed to be fitted for the second.The DOC Bands shaped our grandson's head and we are very blessed that this treatment was available for him.Our granddaughter's head has been fine and she didn't need to go through the treatment.Both of them are preemies.

Hope you will check out the website and learn about this wonderful treatment available for babies that need it.