Thursday, December 2, 2010
Thankful Thursday
This is a picture of a lovely church in downtown Philadelphia PA.I took this picture in June of 2009.Been thinking of our visit to that wonderful on a few different occasions the last few weeks.
I am thankful for freedom of religion.Our grandson is studying The Constitution in 4th grade.I've been going over his reading story in regards to The Constitution this afternoon.I am so thankful for The Constitution that gives us freedom of religion amongst other things.
I am thankful that we have the freedom to travel our country and learn about our history and vast land.Our trip to Philadelphia has really helped our grandson as he studies The Constitution.We visited Independence Hall and saw The Liberty Bell.I took a picture of our grandson in front of The Liberty Bell.
I am thankful that I grew up in the Washington DC area and had the opportunities to visit the national monuments and museums as often as I did.That helped me in school when it came time to learn about our country.The sad thing is that I never visited the historic area of Philadelphia until a year and a half ago.So glad I had that opportunity.
Another place that we visited in downtown Philadelphia was Macy's Department Store.What a beautiful store that one.About a week or so ago I watched a You Tube video of a combined Philadelphia area choir singing The Hallelujah Chorus in Macy's Department Store.Really enjoyed that video.What a magnificent place to sing The Hallelujah Chorus.I really appreciated that video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved this post! More Americans should consider our freedoms, and rejoice in having them.
Post a Comment