Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snow!


This is the scene on my back deck as I look out my back door.We have had non stop snow since this past Saturday.The sun is shining brightly today with this being the first day without snow coming down since Friday.

We went out on Friday and got prepared for what they were saying 3-5 inches of snow.They weren't saying anything about the snow continuing on past the weekend.The forecast then changed from a Winter Weather Advisory to a Winter Storm Warning.

Schools are finally back in session.They had been closed through yesterday.

Last year the snow didn't start till December 18th which was our grandchildren last day of school before their Christmas break.Now they have two days this week and maybe 5 days next week till their Christmas break.

The reason I say maybe is that another storm is brewing for this weekend.It is suppose to start out as rain on Saturday then change over to snow on Sunday and continue on with upslope snow showers on Monday and Tuesday.

Our grandson's holiday music program was cancelled due to no school this past Tuesday.Our granddaughter's holiday music program is scheduled for next Tuesday evening.Wonder if it will happen?

Oh..it was only 0 when I got up this morning.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No snow for us (yet), but we are cold. It was 9 this morning. It's sunny out right now, but it's still below freezing.

Susan in SC said...

No snow for us in SC. I will just have to enjoy your pictures! I have always wanted, and never gotten, a White Christmas!