Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Day of Winter


Today is the first day of winter which arrives with a nice blanket of snow on the ground.We will have a White Christmas even if we don't get the snow that is suppose to start Christmas Eve and continue Christmas day.

We really don't want to see the snow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.We have had our fill of snow already and today is only the first day of winter.Our area has already experienced over 2 feet of snow this month with more expected.We will be setting a record for the most snowfall in the month of December.We broke that record last December and here we go again breaking it again.

Sadly,we live on a hill which makes it next to impossible to get back up our hill if we venture out with ice on the road.We found that out again this past Saturday evening.We got down our hill just fine.Had a nice day seeing Yogi Bear the movie with our grandson then out to eat and finally the much needed trip to the grocery store.We hadn't been able to get out in a week.We started up our hill and got stuck.A nice gentleman came by in his pick-up truck wanting to get up the hill.He got out of his truck and gave us a hand.Got us dug out where we were stuck then told Ken to back down the hill and give it a better start.Ken tried and made it up the hill just past our neighbor's driveway but couldn't get any further.Thankfully our neighbor has two driveways so the kind guy helped Ken shovel out an area of our neighbor's driveway so that we could pull in there.

While they were shoveling out our neighbor's driveway I was going back up and down the hill with our bags of groceries.What a chore that was.

I've been quite surprised that with all of the shoveling and hiking up and down the hill with the groceries that I haven't experienced any aches and pains the following days.I haven't minded shoveling the snow.I don't like the cold air that goes along with it.

By the way,I took this picture looking out our back door just a little bit ago.As you can see, we have plenty of snow.We had ice on top of the snow so it is nice and crunchy when you walk.We had a dusting of snow this morning but so far our weather hasn't turned out as bad as they had feared.They were predicting snow,sleet,freezing rain then rain.For now I would just as soon see plain ole rain.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: