Thursday, July 2, 2009

What a Magnificent Macy's!







While walking along the sidewalk in downtown Philadelphia we saw a sign on the side of a regal looking building stating that it was Macy's.Sure didn't look like a department store to me.There wasn't one of those large signs outside stating that it was Macy's Department Store at least not on the street where we entered the store.






Were we ever surprised when we stepped inside the doors and saw such a regal looking place.I had never been inside such a regal looking store.We stood in awe of what we were seeing.






I looked up and took a picture of the different levels.My hubby then saw a statue of an eagle which I captured with my camera.Then ahead of us on an upper level was a grand organ.There was even a schedule posted of when to hear the organ being played.We weren't there at the right time to hear it played.






I am so glad we entered the doors to see what was in there.We were going to browse the merchandise not knowing how lovely the store was.That is one department store that we will never forget.We didn't buy anything in the store but sure did enjoy looking at the magnificent architecture.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

How beautiful!! I have seen this on TV several times, I wish I could see it in person! Thanks for sharing!!