Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trains,Trains and More Trains




While on vacation in the Lancaster PA area we ventured to Strasburg to visit two model train places.We went to The Choo Choo Barn and to The Model Train Museum.




These two pictures were taken outside of The Choo Choo Barn.The bottom picture is grandson Jeremy standing behind granddaughter Mariah who is sitting on a Thomas Train.




The top picture is Ken and I standing with Jeremy and Mariah.As you can see Jeremy is great posing for pictures but Mariah doesn't care to have her picture taken.I am not usually in many pictures since I am the one taking them.I had our daughter take a picture of us with our two grandchildren.I need to be in a picture once in awhile.




There was a huge model train layout inside of The Choo Choo Barn.I will share pictures taken inside of the layout in the next post.The layout inside of the building is 1700 square feet.




The layout was amazing.We walked around and around looking for little things that we might have missed.Our grandchildren enjoyed looking at the layout which looked like a big town.We would recommend The Choo Choo Barn for children of all ages.




A side not to our travels from Lancaster to Strasburg.We had no idea that we were in Strasburg since there were no signs welcoming us to Strasburg.We knew we were in the town after seeing business signs with Strasburg being part of their names.Here in our area every town you go through has a sign at their town limits welcoming you.We were surprised that the signs did not exist in the Lancaster area.




Here is a link to The Choo Choo Barn if you care to read more about it:




1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

What a sweet picture of you all and the kids on the train! That is a place my boys would love to visit!