Saturday, July 18, 2009







One of the pictures is Independence Hall.I also took a picture of a cobblestone path that was on The Independence Hall grounds.Seeing the cobblestone path made me stop and wonder who might of walked on that path.The last picture is another view looking up at the church that I showed in my previous post.I had wanted to post it with the other picture.Sorry about the mix up.









I love the beauty of Independence Hall.I was thinking the other day how gratifying it was to be able to tour Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence came about and was signed.Having grown up in the Washington DC area I have visited so many monuments but to me it was more gratifying to walk in Independence Hall where so many great men came together.It is hard for me to wrap around the idea that I stood where Thomas Jefferson walked and stood many years ago.You can't beat that.As I grow older our nation's history interests me more and more.




On this trip we also visited Gettysburg and the battlefield on our way home.A lot of history took place there too.We want to go back to Gettysburg when we have more time to explore.It has been too long since we spent quality time there and explored in depth.My hubby is a civil war buff and truly enjoys exploring all of the battlefields.The national park rangers make history come alive.

No comments: