Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Waiting For Daffodils To Bloom


I am waiting for my daffodils to bloom.Each day I check hoping to see some blooms.I took this picture the other day and it looks very promising.I am just hoping that the below freezing temperatures we had the other night didn't harm my daffodils.Last year we only had two daffodils to bloom.I am hoping that more than two bloom this Spring.


The odd thing is that daffodils are blooming all over our area.There is a wooded area behind our house that goes down in to a valley.I looked the other day and saw that the wild daffodils down in the lower area are blooming.Just don't understand why it takes mine so long to bloom.


I saw some buds on some trees today.That means that we should soon see some trees in full bloom.I am so glad that Easter is in April this year.We should have some Spring color by then.Last year it seemed like it was still Winter when Easter arrived in March.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daffodils bloom later than others in the area too, just like yours. We must have later varieties! One thing though, if you have had your daffodils clumps for a long time, and they've stopped blooming much, you might have to divide them up. They get overcrowded, and have to be split up so they can bloom again.

Susan in SC said...

Just wait until you see them bloom! I love daffodils. I will be sag to see mine all go away!